Large Jute Basket - natural
Description: Your laundry, linen and firewood never looked so good! The Large Jute Basket is a captivating way to keep things in easy reach.
This basket is handmade - from start to finish - by fair trade artisans in remote, rural communities of Bangladesh; two strong and sturdy handles show off their stunning skills.
Brimming with natural warmth, character and textural touch, The Dharma Door's woven baskets are the perfect way to settle both storage and style.
Designed by: The Dharma Door. An Australian company that has been commissioning the incredible skills of female artisans in remote, rural communities since 2004. Their goal is to genuinely empower as many people as possible out of the cycle of poverty and to bridge the gap between ethical production and contemporary style.
- Base 50cm x 36cm
- Height 36cm
- Flexible sides make this basket larger than its base measurement
- Jute plaits & hand weaving
- Hand stitched with organic cotton thread
- This robust basket has been designed to last however jute changes colour in the sun, so be sure to keep it clear of harsh rays.
- To clean, we suggest you vacuum your basket or occasionally take it outside on a dry day and shake it to dislodge dirt and dust particles.
- Blot water-based spills with kitchen paper or an absorbent cloth as soon as possible. Do not rub stains or spills from your basket as this may spread the stain and loosen the jute fibres. For oil-based or coloured spills, please consult a specialist cleaning professional.
- You may choose a protection treatment prior to using your basket.